Re: Question on flow control for a single file transfer

" Having such signaling at the HTTP layer gives both sides better control
over their use of buffer space (whether that buffer is in kernel or user
mode)."

Why not just decrease the size of the per socket TCP receive buffers?

I don't see why buffering at the HTTP layer gives us better control over
use of buffer space. Can you explain that?

Peter