Re: Framing and control-frame continuations

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:04:39 -0800
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Roland Zink <roland@zinks.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
A reasonable compromise here would seem to be: let's place limits on
control frame size but allow data frames to be variable with 32-bit
lengths. Done properly, control frames should never be too large. Doing so
ought to encourage developers to keep control-frame overhead at a minimum
while allowing optimization of data flow (honestly, I think allowing 32-bit
length control frames is just asking for trouble by encouraging bad
behavior). This would mean moving type and flags before length.