Re: #428 Accept-Language ordering for identical qvalues

On Jan 23, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> So, does anyone have an issue with making ordering significant when there's no qvalue for *all* headers that use qvalues?
>
> Roy, I'm interpreting your answer as "we don't do anything with this information today," but as per below I don't think this stops us from defining it that way.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  There is no code out there today that would
correspond to such a change.  I don't like making changes to HTTP
just for the sake of imaginary consistency of definitions.
Making them for the sake of consistency with implementations is fine.

If it is a choice, I'd rather remove the line from Accept-Language
than introduce new (unproven) things to Accept.

....Roy