Re: FYI: Tools to evaluate header compression algorithms

From: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 17:53:47 +0900
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2013/01/06 14:57, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Quick follow-up:
>
> I posted more about this here:
>    http://www.mnot.net/blog/2013/01/04/http2_header_compression
>
> In particular, we have graphs for all of the HAR samples I took earlier:
>    http://http2.github.com/http_samples/mnot/

These look very interesting. Just two points for the moment:

- Drawing connected curves seems misleading, because we are not
mesuring/showing a continuous quantity that varies over time, but
discrete requests and responses.

- The data sample includes big guys only. Some criticism of speedy has
said that it is geared towards the big guys. Is there a way to get some
more of an impression of how headers look at the long tail of websites?

Regards,   Martin.