Re: comments on draft-mbelshe-httpbis-spdy-00

Can you clarify the reason to prefer srv over something like an
Alternate-Protocol response header? I can see that Alternate-Protocol is
suboptimal in that it requires waiting for a response first, but I have
concerns about adding yet another DNS lookup. Chromium has already lowered
our concurrent getaddrinfo() calls to 6 due to problems with home routers
not being able to handle too many concurrent DNS queries. Adding more DNS
lookups per hostname will further exacerbate the problem.

In any case, FWIW, I hope websites simply transition to https:// URIs
instead :)