Re: chunk-extensions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:26:08 +0100 (CET)
To: Zhong Yu <zhong.j.yu@gmail.com>
cc: Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Zhong Yu wrote:

> Are white spaces allowed between chunk-size and CRLF? (Apparently so in
> RFC2616: section 2.1 implied *LWS)

When I wrote the chunked encoded parser for libcurl I hadn't realized the idea
of implied *LWS.

Now, eleven years later I check the code just because of this mail thread and
I'll be darned - it doesn't allow white spaces after the hex digits! This
said, I don't think I've _ever_ seen a bug (report) due to this.

I wouldn't mind if we spelled out HTTPbis to not allow them as they basically
never happen in the wild.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se