Confusion in preconditions

From: Sebastien Lambla <seb@serialseb.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 02:35:34 +0000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
 Hi,

I'm confused by the text in p4-conditional.

2.4.

 An HTTP/1.1 origin server, upon receiving a conditional request that
   includes both a Last-Modified date (e.g., in an If-Modified-Since or
   If-Unmodified-Since header field) and one or more entity-tags (e.g.,
   in an If-Match, If-None-Match, or If-Range header field) as cache
   validators, MUST NOT return a response status code of 304 (Not
   Modified) unless doing so is consistent with all of the conditional
   header fields in the request.

3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4

The result of a request having both an If-Match header field and
   either an If-None-Match or an If-Modified-Since header fields is
   undefined by this specification.

I *think* the specification does define partially a behavior when multiple conditional headers are present in the scenario leading to a 304, or am I misunderstanding the definition?