Re: Confusion in preconditions

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 05:25:41 +0100
To: Sebastien Lambla <seb@serialseb.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
ons 2012-02-01 klockan 02:35 +0000 skrev Sebastien Lambla:

> I *think* the specification does define partially a behavior when
> multiple conditional headers are present in the scenario leading to a
> 304, or am I misunderstanding the definition?

Not really. If does not define what the response should be in that case,
only that it can not be 304 unless.... 2.4 is just a safety guard
restricting the undefinedness by a forbidding response class which would
otherwise break caches.

The reason why the sencence about "undefined" is there is to point out
the headers can easily conflict and it's non-obvious to say how such
conflicts should be resolved.

Regards
Henrik