Re: HTTbis spec size, was: Rechartering HTTPbis

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:35:17 +0100
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2012-01-28 11:28, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<4F23B745.3060002@gmx.de>, Julian Reschke writes:
>> On 2012-01-28 09:41, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> If you feel that any of what was added isn't needed then please follow up.
>
> Ok, yes, let me follow up, which ironically is going to take
> some length, because I probably have been a bit too brief
> and summary during a stressed work-week.

I appreciate the thoughtful answer, but what you list has nothing to
with RFC 2616 vs HTTPbis.

I do agree that whatever is done better get the layering right. My
conclusion although is different: calling something HTTP/2.0 which
doesn't roughly address the same use cases would be totally confusing.

Best regards, Julian