Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

On 2012-01-28 09:10, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-01-28 00:37, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>
>> On 24/01/2012, at 7:59 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>
>>> On 2012-01-24 04:55, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>>
>>> Please add...
>>>
>>> - Revise Parts 1 through 7 for publication as Internet Standard
>>>
>>> This should be mainly fixing problems found past publication, plus
>>> adjustments we make to better integrate whatever new we come up with.
>>
>> My current thinking is that we'd re-charter separately for that.
>
> Hm. Isn't it foreseeable that we'll have to tune P1 more anyway for a
> different on-the-wire format?

Elaborating...: even if we don't put "internet standard" on the charter
we'll have to think about what do to with HTTPbis errata, plus the
changes we may *want* to do in P1 to make it better work with a new wire
format.

The simplest way to do that IMHO is to maintain new (minor) revisions of
P1...P7 - we have the infrastructure (trac, tools, mailing list), and
the right people (authors & reviewers).

As we did with HTTPbis we really don't need to know right now what
standards level that output would get.

Best regards, Julian