From: Patrick McManus [mailto:pmcmanus@mozilla.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 05:29
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: Performance implications of Bundling and Minification on HTTP/1.1

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 20:12 +0000, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> Patrick,

Thanks Henrik,

I was just trying to tease out the byte savings of minification, vs bundling, vs compression in all of their combinations which the blog post didn't get into..

> Are you thinking of externalizing the compression dictionary and reuse it across resources?

It's a possibility to consider - that's all. SPDY already does it with headers. I could imagine having a small set of dictionaries for different classes of content (headers, markup, etc..).. I'm not advocating that here, just trying to scrounge info from your data points :)