RE: Performance implications of Bundling and Minification on HTTP/1.1

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:29:06 -0400
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 20:12 +0000, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> Patrick,

Thanks Henrik,

I was just trying to tease out the byte savings of minification, vs
bundling, vs compression in all of their combinations which the blog
post didn't get into..

> Are you thinking of externalizing the compression dictionary and reuse it across resources?

It's a possibility to consider - that's all. SPDY already does it with
headers. I could imagine having a small set of dictionaries for
different classes of content (headers, markup, etc..).. I'm not
advocating that here, just trying to scrounge info from your data
points :)