Re: Performance implications of Bundling and Minification on HTTP/1.1

Hi Henrik,

Thanks very much for doing this.

I'd like to see much more data like this; without it, it's too easy to make decisions based upon popularity and momentum rather than reasoned goals, especially when engineers clamour for Shiny New Things. Mike and the Google guys have done some fantastic work in this area, but we need multiple sources and repeatable tests.

It'd be nice to see this in a more permanent form; e.g., as an I-D, or copied to the WG wiki. Blog entries have a habit of disappearing. (Mike et al, if you'd like to copy your data over as well, please get in touch; we could start a bit of a repository there).

Also, I'd *really* like to see more data about higher-latency connections. Personally, the majority of Web sites I use on a daily basis have a ping time in excess of 200ms, and that's going to be the experience of many across the globe (not just those in .au and .nz).

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/