Re: OT re HTTP auth disassocation of credentials

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 04:51:50 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
* Karl Dubost wrote:
>As much as I could see the benefit for it. I do not think this will fly
>for browser vendors. They are all currently trying to simplify the UI
>and minimize it.

I have argued for such a feature without success since the 1990s, but at
the moment you have at least Mozilla working on putting the login/logout
gizmos into the browser user interface. I am not saying what they are
doing is any good, but they are doing something, and I doubt this taking
up screen space is regarded as much of a problem there.