Re: OT re HTTP auth disassocation of credentials

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:43:38 -0400
Cc: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>

Le 19 sept. 2011 à 02:37, Jan Algermissen a écrit :
> FWIW I'd rather see browsers put a logout-button right in the browser GUI. The button could simply cause the browser to stop sending the credentials.

As much as I could see the benefit for it. I do not think this will fly for browser vendors. They are all currently trying to simplify the UI and minimize it. There is also the balance in between introducing a new UI feature with the number of times this (HTTP Auth) will be used. For example, Firefox removed the RSS icon (by default).

PS: not advocating for any sides of the issue.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/