httpbis -16 drafts

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:20:39 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi there,

we just published the -16 drafts of Part 1 through 7, which reflect the
progress we made immediately prior to, during, and past the Quebec meeting.

Overviews are in the appendices:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-16.html#changes.since.15>

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-16.html#changes.since.15>

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p3-payload-16.html#changes.since.15>

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional-16.html#changes.since.15>

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range-16.html#changes.since.15>

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-16.html#changes.since.15>

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-16.html#changes.since.15>

Once again, changes are all over the place; parts of P1 and P2 were
rephrased, some status code clarified. Part 7 (authentication) got a lot
of attention and for now has no open bugs left; this is a good moment to
review.

As part of updating P7 we also posted
draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-02 which now registers the
Negotiate scheme, despite it not being compatible with the generic HTTP
authentication framework.

Mark Nottingham, our WG chair, will follow up with a list of tickets
we'd link to close as fixed soonish.

Feedback appreciated, Julian