Filling out 202 Accepted

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:40:06 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
The 202 Accepted status code has come up from time to time, with people liking the idea behind it, but needing a bit more.

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-15#section-8.2.3>

I'm wondering if we can clarify things a little bit by adding two bits of text:

--8<---
A 202 response MAY carry a Retry-After header field that indicates an estimation of when the processing might be complete.

It MAY also carry a Location header that indicates the URI of a resource that will be created once processing has completed.
--->8---

Thoughts?

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/