Re: Multi-server HTTP

Revision 10 includes Alan Ford's merge of draft-ford-http-multi-server
and Henrik's additions.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalinkhttp

Downloader & tools are at
http://groups.google.com/group/metalink-discussion/web/metalinkhttp

Fishing for ideas/suggestions:

   o  Should we use Metalink/XML for partial file checksums?  That
would add XML dependency to apps for an important feature. Any other
options?
   o  Use of Link header to describe Mirrors.  Only send a few mirrors
with Link header?  Some organizations have many mirrors.
   o  Would it make more sense to use qvalue-style policies to
describe mirror priority, i.e. q=1.0 through q=0.0 ?

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads