Re: p1-message-07 S 7.1.4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:59:45 +0200
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
mån 2009-07-20 klockan 18:39 +1200 skrev Adrien de Croy:

> I would have thought slow-startup algorithms would also work against the
> advantage of opening too many connections.

Only in cases where the data requested on the connection is small. And
additionally some (not a small number) web servers are tuned to send
their data quite aggressively effectively having slowstart disabled
(when viewed from normal connection rates) until there is packet loss.

> Also, download managers
> generally do multiple simultaneous range requests.  The more parts you
> request, the more request/response overhead reduces your throughput, so
> there's an incentive not to go over the top there as well.

Depends on the "chunk" size.

Regards
Henrik