Re: estimated Content-Length with chunked encoding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:59:57 +0200
To: Greg Dean <dean.greg@gmail.com>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On mån, 2008-10-20 at 13:52 -0700, Greg Dean wrote:

> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> Estimated-Content-Length: 300000

> This would allow for the recipient of such a message to prepare for a
> message of a certain size.

Looks useful to me, for the reasons you outlined and a bunch more. See
for example the NTLM auth chunked discussion a year ago or so..

For responses it's meaningful even without chunked.

I don't see anything wrong with it, especially not with the length being
an estiamte and not the exact expected lenght.

Regards
Henrik