Re: issue 85 - range unit extensions

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:27:07 +1000
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>

I don't hear anybody arguing strongly that we should be closing this
extensibility point (although I'm of half a mind to do so myself).

If we keep it, it sounds like we want to just tidy things up, not
establish a registry.

I'm also thinking noting the relationship to caching and the issues
associated with format-specific range units may be worth discussing
when we document how to do this type of extension (see charter).