Re: issue 85 - range unit extensions

On Aug 5, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Playing the devil's advocate: is there *any* range unit other than
> "bytes" we can think of that is indeed independent of formats? Right
> now, I can't think of any.

CRLF or LF could be used as the defined separators for a "lines" range
count.  This wouldn't be useful for all formats, but could be useful
for many text and text-based formats or even binary formats that
happened to use LF as a line separator.

I know MS software uses "rows" counters for XML-formatted data but as
you say that's dependent on a particular format.  I'm not aware of any
other implemented range units beyond bytes.

Lisa