Re: i74: Encoding for non-ASCII headers

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:01:40 +1100
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>

Warnings are definitely an issue, although I'm not aware of any UA
that displays them.... anybody? Does Amaya?

WRT reason phrases -- although that's what the spec says, I think that
'human user' is a stretch -- it's really for debugging / logging /
development in common use. Whether elements with that use case should
be able to be internationalised is a separate discussion, of course.