Re: IRIs, IDNAbis, and HTTP [i74]

From: Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:06:43 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Mark Nottingham wrote:
[snip]
> Are there any other headers (besides URI-based headers) that we need to
> consider, beyond these?
>  * WWW-Authenticate, Proxy-Authenticate, Authorization, Proxy-Authorization
>  * Content-Disposition
>  * From
>  * Warning
>  * PICS-Label

PICS is, of course, still a W3C Rec - however, it is worth noting that,
unless something goes horribly wrong, it will be withdrawn in favour of
POWDER within the next 12 months. My organisation (formerly ICRA, née
RSAC) has been associated with PICS since it began and we operate the
PICS labelling system found in Internet Explorer (yes, still in IE7) -
in other words, if anyone has an interest in PICS, FOSI does - and even
I'd hate to see anyone spend valuable time updating PICS-Label HTTP
headers now.

Cheers

Phil.

--