Re: Public Suffix List

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:48:13 +0100
To: Frank Ellermann <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org, dnsop@lists.uoregon.edu

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Hi, I think you should mention the special cases NIC, WHOIS, and WWW
> in <http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/reservations-nic-whois-wwwv8.pdf>
> for your purposes.

Interesting, but I don't think it's relevant. What makes you think it is?

 FWIW both 2606bis I-Ds tried or try to tackle
> it, compare <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-2606bis> and
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ellermann-idnabis-reserved-tlds>.
>
> At the time when it was created I submitted a few obscure cases like
> .e164.arpa to the SURBL suffix white list,

Where can I find a copy of this list?

> and so I'm not sure why
> you want to organize this again as a "private" registry instead of
> creating an "official" IANA registry in an RFC.

We are maintaining it for anyone and everyone to use. If IANA were
interested in maintaining this information instead of us, that would be
great.

Gerv