Re: Public Suffix List

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:15:09 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Cc: dnsop@lists.uoregon.edu

Gervase Markham wrote:

> Please let me know if you see any way I can improve the email, the
> explanatory website, or the submission process.

Hi, I think you should mention the special cases NIC, WHOIS, and WWW
in <http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/reservations-nic-whois-wwwv8.pdf>
for your purposes.  FWIW both 2606bis I-Ds tried or try to tackle
it, compare <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-2606bis> and
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ellermann-idnabis-reserved-tlds>.

At the time when it was created I submitted a few obscure cases like
.e164.arpa to the SURBL suffix white list, and so I'm not sure why
you want to organize this again as a "private" registry instead of
creating an "official" IANA registry in an RFC.  This stuff can be
quite disruptive if you get it wrong for any reason.

 Frank