Re: [Ltru] Proposed resolution for Issue 13 (language tags)

From: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 06:46:09 -0700
To: "Martin Duerst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "LTRU Working Group" <ltru@ietf.org>
Agreed. Even that is incorrect, since there may not be a primary language
subtag, such as in the case of "x-duerst". So I'd recommend something more
like:

>    In summary, a language tag is composed of one or more parts: A
>    primary language tag and a possibly empty series of subtags:
=>
In summary, a language tag is composed of one or more parts: typically a
primary language subtag followed optionally by a series of other subtags
such as script and region.