Re: i70: cacheability of status 303

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:21:46 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:

> unless somebody can point to a client that still is in significant
> use and has that problem.

Well, I used that client until 2007-06, it is the best available UA
for my platform with its limited resources (as it was).

> Let's try to get rid of *some* of the historical stuff :-).

The HTTP/1.0 compatibility notes in RFC 2616 are correct as far as I
observed it.  UAs not sending a Host: header would be hopeless, that
is where I'd draw the line.

If you want to get rid of historical stuff maybe eliminate "simple
requests" and "simple reponses" if they're still implicitly allowed
somewhere.

 Frank