Re: progress on BNF conversion

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:31:39 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:

> - deciding what to do with #element and 1#element (keep this
> ABNF extension or expand the rules (*))

Certainly "expand", it's the worst part of the old syntax, it
permits ASCII art consisting of commata and linear white space
over multiple lines.

> So I was just trying to break this down into smaller chunks.

Isn't it simpler to track the changes when fixing the ABNF is
one of the _last_ steps ?  It's also not really difficult, on
the SASL list it was tested with a 2831bis draft (RFC 2831 as
a variant of 2617 inherited the "old" syntax with the #-rule).

 Frank