Re: NEW ISSUE: http URLvs Request-URI, was: 3.2.2 issue

Henrik Nordstrom schrieb:
> tis 2007-01-23 klockan 17:50 -0800 skrev Roy T. Fielding:
>
>> I would replace it with two sentences that explain how the URI
>> is used in HTTP messages, first for proxies and then for origin servers.
>> It really isn't necessary to talk about semantics, identifying, or
>> even the resource in this context.
>
> That is discussed in detail in 5.1.2. Perhaps even a bit too detail..
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Which reminds me that 5.1.2 starts saying...:

"The Request-URI is a Uniform Resource Identifier (Section 3.2) and
identifies the resource upon which to apply the request."

It's not really a URI. We need to clean this up either in context of
this issue, or when doing the RFC2396->3986 transition.

Best regards, Julian