Re: 3.2.2 issue

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:54:04 -0500
To: "Henrik Nordstrom" <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On 1/22/07, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> sön 2007-01-21 klockan 20:35 -0500 skrev Mark Baker:
> > This was posted to rest-discuss earlier this month, and suggests an
> > issue with 3.2.2.
>
> I don't quite get the issue. It says that the resource on the server
> that acts on the request is identified by the abs_path, but so what?

It's wrong.  The resource is identified by the whole URI (or abs_path
+ query in this context).

> It
> also defines that there may be a query to that resource as part of the
> URL. The meaning of the query is defined in RFC2396 which also has the
> same definition of resource.
>
> But the sentence is quite irrelevant as the specs do not really define
> how servers implement or define the resources, and the resource which
> acts on the request is also quite irrelevant to the specs..

Agreed, but I think we should fix the error mentioned above either by
removing all mention of the identified resource, or by saying it's
identified by abs_path + query.  I suppose I'd prefer the former (for
the reasoning you give), but the latter is a less disruptive fix.
*shrug*

Mark.