Re: i19 Bodies on GET (and other) requests

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Also, devil's advocate;
> 1) What are the implications of an entity-body on GET for the caching
> model? The spec is silent on this AFAICT.

Cache-control: no-cache, unless one wants to actually cache such request
bodies and test for identity.  GET is idempotent (9.1.1).

But I don't expect most proxies today behave that way.  Therefore, the
server should consider 12.1..

  "...an
   origin server is not limited to these dimensions and MAY vary the
   response based on any aspect of the request, including information
   outside the request-header fields or within extension header fields
   not defined by this specification."

Vary: *

???

> 2) Ditto for content negotiation.

That's an implementation-dependent issue.

> 3) Are there any existent origin server or intermediary implementations
> that are fully conformant with this requirement?

Interesting question;  AIUI httpd 2 will proxy request bodies for GET etc,
I'm unsure if it's cache behavior.