Re: Timezone information in HTTP

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@priest.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 14:23:56 +0300
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Friday 08 June 2007, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> >   Just realized that caching proxies should consider documents that were
> > returned for different timezones as different. In other words, two
> > requests with different Timezone headers should be considered different.
> > This introduces an issue where two clients with different timezones ask
> > for a document. Either the cache need to record the request TZ or the
> > server side must return a header like 'Requested-Timezone' where the
> > request timezone would be included.
>
> Vary: Timezone

Thank you (and Henrik) about this. I didn't knew about the Vary header. I
added this to the draft. Since there was no further feedback I changed the
timezone string from POSIX to RFC3339 time-zone, as you suggested.

I've some more questions:

a) What is the proper procedure for working on this draft? Should this be
submitted by the WG instead of me?
b) I've added you to the Acknowledgement section. Is this correct or should
you be listed in the authors?
c) Should I try to send this somewhere else to get more feedback?

Thank you for your time,
Harhalakis Stefanos