Re: HTTP authentication

From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:17:36 +0000
To: RL 'Bob' Morgan <rlmorgan@washington.edu>
CC: Sam Hartman <hartmans@mit.edu>, Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, HTTP working group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, CalDAV DevList <ietf-caldav@osafoundation.org>, WebDav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, Scott Lawrence <scott@skrb.org>, Cyrus Daboo <daboo@isamet.com>, "Paul B.Hill" <pbh@mit.edu>, Mike Shaver <shaver@mozilla.org>, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>

RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

>> I'm way behind on email ... there was a non-bof on identity management
>> at IETF 64, under the name DIX. The plan is to propose a BoF for IETF
>> 65, leading, hopefully, to a WG. Pity I didn't notice this beforehand.
>
> Note that the ietf-dix list/pre-bof/technology is entirely independent
> from the ietf-http-auth list/bar-bof/technology, though of course
> Everything Is Related in some fashion.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all, since several, if not many,
identity management solutions include HTTP auth in their problem space.

**  ApacheCon - Dec 10-14th - San Diego - http://apachecon.com/ **