Re: Content-Range question

From: Robert Olofsson <robo@khelekore.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:08:05 +0200
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@acm.org>
Cc: Mihail <hej@hot.ee>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Dave Kristol wrote:

> Moreover, the server cannot send multiple responses to one request.
> It's one response per request.

Well you have the 100 Continue, so in some cases it is valid for the
server to send multiple responses.
There are some servers that send this for all(?) POSTs made to it.
Probably old systems, I don't remember which server I encountered it on
so I can not check.

>   If you (Mihail) want to break up the response into smaller chunks,
> use chunked encoding.

Agree, this is probably what Mihail want to do.

/robo