Re: put

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:27:41 -0600 (MDT)
To: fclaverino@ciudad.com.ar
cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 fclaverino@ciudad.com.ar wrote:

> I'm doing a webdav server for a internet explorer client and I
> have a problem when the client sends put for create a new resource
> because it don't sends the body. I try to send continue (HTTP/1.1
> 100 Continue) but this didn't works. How I can get the body ?

I am not a WebDaV expert, but from pure HTTP point of view, you do get
a body. It is a body of zero length as indicated by the value of the
Content-Length header field of the PUT request. In other words, it
seems like the client wants to create an empty (zero length) file
named "prueba1.txt.txt".

The HEAD request is irrelevant. I am guessing that the client is
trying to check whether the file already exists (instead of relying on
various If-* HTTP headers to do the right thing?).

Finally, please note that your response probably violates HTTP. It
does not have a Date: header field, to start with. Are you running a
clock-less server? Also, you use persistent connection (default) but
the transfer-length is unknown (no transfer encoding or content length
set).

HTH,

Alex.