Entities

From: Kim Horne <kim@pookzilla.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:25:14 -0400
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

I've come across what may or may not be an issue in RFC2616.  In section
4.3 (Message Body) there is a line that reads:

"A message-body MUST NOT be included in a request if the specification
of the request method (section 5.1.1) does not allow sending an
entity-body in requests."

However, there is no reference to such restrictions in 5.1.1.  It seems
logical that it could be referring to GET and HEAD requests, but I can't
find an answer anywhere else in the document.

Are GET/HEAD requests allowed to have entities or should section 5.1.1
(or possibly 9.3/9.4 ?) have errata on this issue?  Is there something
in the RFC on this issue that I'm missing?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated...

--
Kimberly Horne