Re: Updated proposal for CONTENT-ENCODING issue

From: Phillip M. Hallam-Baker <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 13:30:26 -0400
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
 I think this proposal is the best solution to the problem.

I would much rather the specification was consistent than there be
a special treatment of Content-Encoding for the benefit of perl
hackers. I don't see any logic in treating Content-Encoding
differently from the other tags and we would almost certainly
want to correct the anomaly in HTTP/1.2. We might as well make
the change now.

        Phill