Re: ID: Proxy autoconfig

From: David W. Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
To: Josh <josh@netscape.com>
Cc: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>, "'jg@pa.dec.com'" <jg@pa.dec.com>, Stuart Kwan <skwan@microsoft.com>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Josh wrote:

> Well, most often, the resource is being retreived from an HTTP server
> (in our case) or a proxy.
>
> If the proxy is down, the pac file is useless anyway.

That was my objection ... to the suggestion the DHCP or DNS provide a
single URL pointing to a services name / location server. I think
it a possibly undesirable design to add yet another server to the
7x24 list. The original post had been that multiple URLs could identify
the locations of different server types.

Dave Morris