Re: A broken browser

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> Relativity is relative. Relative to what?
[...]
> If the general consensus is therefore indeed to go towards
> multiplicity, the consistent solution is to assume (or spell
> out) that q=0.0 means NOT desired, and not just LEAST desired.

I still don't get it.  "Accept" means "I accept these."  Why should the
"Accept" header allow you to say "I don't accept this"?  Wouldn't that be a
"Preferences" header, instead?  If you don't want to accept something,
leave it out of the accept header!

I still like this:

if no Accept is found
	assume Accept: */* and send anything
if this Content-Type is in the Accept header
	you can send it
if there is an Accept header but this Content-Type is not in it
	don't send it

Isn't that clear?

Marc Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>