Re: question on 14.9.4, no-cache directive in requests

Paul Hethmon points out an error in my previous message:

I wrote:
> As far as I know, no other aspect of the protocol lets the client
> control what an intermediate cache should do with respect to caching
> the response to the current request.  I.e., the origin server can
> say "don't cache this response", and the client can say "don't
> give me a response from your cache", but we have no defined mechanism
> for the client to say "don't put the response to this request
> into your cache".

Paul reminds me:
    Section 14.9.2 provides for use of "no-store" in either request
    or response messages:

         The no-store directive applies to the entire message, and may
       be sent either in a response or in a request. If sent in a request, a
       cache MUST NOT store any part of either this request or any response
       to it. If sent in a response, a cache MUST NOT store any part of
       either this response or the request that elicited it.

-Jeff