Re: Sticky header draft -- as an attachment

From: David W. Morris <dwm@shell.portal.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 13:58:17 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Cc: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>, 'http-wg' <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Jeffrey Mogul wrote:

> I think this leads to an ambiguous situation when the client is
> pipelining requests.  We identified this ambiguity at the meeting
> we had in January of the persistent-connections subgroup.

I think the ambiguity is also resolved if we change HTTP/1.1 to not
allow pipelining UNTIL the first server response is received accepting
the persistent connection and hence pipelining. That response will
either include the server acceptance of the STICKY more or it won't.
But there will be no ambiguity for the server to interpret.

Dave Morris