Re: Montreal Informal BOF on HTTP-based management.

From: Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 07:38:31 -0700
To: Venkat Rangan <venkatr@microsoft.com>
> I am gathering interest for an informal BOF during the upcoming Montreal,
> IETF meeting. We have developed an HTTP-based system and network
> management protocol and are curious to find out if there are others that
> have done similar work. If there is enough interest for standards track
> effort in this area, we can try and ask for an official BOF to be formed
> soon.

i am confused.  the AD sent out a message last week

    Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 14:21:14 -0400
    From: Deirdre Kostick <kostick@qsun.ho.att.com>
    To: snmpv2@tis.com, snmp@psi.com
    Cc: agenda@ietf.org
    Subject: IETF NM Area Meeting Agenda - June '96

announcing that web-based management was a topic being discussed at the
NM's open area meeting:

> Tuesday, June 25 1530-1730
> Thursday, June 27 0900-1130
>
> Agenda Topics
> --------------
>
> o NM Area Highlights
>
> o New Working Group
>   - DISTMAN
>
> o Application Management
>
> o "Web-based" Management
>
> o SNMP Security/Admin Framework
>
> o General SNMP Issues

it would seem that your topic is already being discussed in that venue.

/mtr

ps: the terms "informal BOF" and "official BOF" seem to be co-equally
    oxymoronic.