multiple Content-Encoding

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 95 15:25:27 EDT
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Section 8.7 of draft-ietf-http-v10-spec-01.ps says:

	If multiple encodings have been applied to a resource, the
	encoding-mechanisms must be listed in the order in which they
	were applied.
	====

I think this is backward.  I think they should be listed in the order
in which they must be applied by the client in the order they're listed.
	      ==== ==

Consider foo.gz.Z.  Gzip was applied first, then compress.  NCSA HTTP
1.3 produces this header:
(It looks like the old CERN code I have doesn't support multiple
encodings.)

Dave Kristol