Re: http-v10-spec-01.ps nits

From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 15:34:38 -0400
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
>p.1  Expires date has wrong year!

yep, I caught that one before submitting to IETF (I just edited the PS
version, so no need to get a new copy).

>p.8  under implied *LWS:  (tspecials) should be Helvetica font

yep. I do hope that the font changes help in reading the text, since they
sure are a pain to keep consistent.

>p.17, Sect. 3.8:
>	... all tags are not case-sensitive ... ->
>	... all tags are case-insensitive ...

I'm not sure which is "better" English for a spec.  MIME uses both.

>p.31 400 Bad Request
>	... due to it having ... ->
>	... due to its having ...

wow, you must be reading it with a magnifying glass. ;-)
I think I'll just delete "it having a".

>p.42 Sect. 8.12
>	Shouldn't the date format be rfc1123-date, not HTTP-date (which
>	would allow the deprecated asctime-date).

No.  RFC 1123 accepts a much larger set of formats -- the HTTP one is
simply a fixed and unambiguous format that is acceptable by RFC 1123.

>p.55 Sect. 11.2
>	... over the net ... ->
>	... over the network ...

... over the Internet ...

>p.55 Sect. 11.4
>	... nor is there any apriori method ...
>	... nor is there any a priori method ...

yep.

>p.61 C.1.2
>	Also need to recalculate Content-Length if line breaks change.

yep.

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
                      Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
                      (fielding@w3.org)                (fielding@ics.uci.edu)