Re: Closure on canonicalization, I hope

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 23:14:36 PST
To: fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU
Cc: gtn@ebt.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Accept-charset could be included as a possible shorthand for
multiplexing acceptable charset parameters for ALL types that have a
'charset' parameter, but I think it is only worthwhile if the client
accepts multiple charsets and multiple types that take a charset
parameter.

I'm not sure it's worth the complexity of the model, or whether we
want a more general way of multiplexing parameters for the types that
are named by accept clauses, and I don't think it belongs in the
standard without at least a little implementation experience.