Re: Drafting mux WG charter

From: spreitze@parc.xerox.com
Date: Mon, Feb 15 1999

From: spreitze@parc.xerox.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:43:02 PST
To: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Cc: ietf-http-ng@w3.org
Subject: Re: Drafting mux WG charter

> My personal interest in MUXing is to re-use a single TCP connection to some
> MUX port as a mechanism to simulate arbitrary TCP connections to arbitrary
> ports.

Ah.  Why would this be an interesting thing to do?

> I believe I understand where you are going with the security language and I
> even think I agree. But the current text definitely needs some help. However
> enough people are already beating on you about that one that I'm sure you
> have gotten the point.

Actually, I haven't heard from my biggest security critic (Chris Newman) since I made the Feb 12 draft, in which I thought I had managed to say what I think Chris and I are thinking on the issue.  If you think it *still* needs work, sigh, please say how.

Thanks,
Mike