RE: need a reviewer (or three) for draft-cai-ssdp-v1-00.txt

Do be kind, it is a version 0. There are some pretty egregious mistakes in
the draft (the misuse of the request-URI and Location header come to mind)
which have been fixed in a V1, which will be released after the draft
lock-out. The v0 draft should be seen as an indication of a general
direction.

As for layering, why do you believe this is a layering on top of HTTP? The
draft expands HTTP in a direction that others, such as SIP, have already
gone. SIP already defines how to send SIP requests over unicast UDP and
multicast UDP. The only thing even mildly original about the spec is the
ANNOUNCE method which I suspect you can find strong parallels for in SIP.
ANNOUNCE is a fairly natural method to have once you have multicast support.

This spec seems more a natural progression than a layering.

	Then again, I'm obviously biased. =)

			Yaron