RE: need a reviewer (or three) for draft-cai-ssdp-v1-00.txt

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:41:04 PST
To: "Keith Moore" <moore@cs.utk.edu>, <web@apps.ietf.org>
Cc: <discuss@apps.ietf.org>
> one of the other ADs ran across this draft, which layers a protocol
> on top of HTTP.

It layers a protocol on top of something which is not
defined (yet, although it promises to): HTTP layered
over (multicast and unicast) UDP.

I think HTTP layered over multicast & unicast UDP will
be exceedingly difficult to define correctly. HTTP messages
and responses are arbitrary length, and require one-for-one

>...  we're looking for a few good HTTP experts to
> sanity check this draft

The 'sanity' of this approach escapes me.

Larry