RE: dav and uri components with embedded slashes

JR wrote:
> The WebDAV mailing list
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/> probably is a
> better place...

Thank you. I will pay them a visit.

And went on to write:
> It's probably possible, but I would expect most WebDAV clients to become
> extremely confused.
>
> Not sure why you really would want that ... you can't have a slash
> character in a filename for a reason :-).

Understood. Just trying to support natural language in the system. Also, part of the spec involves integrating with an existing dbms in which certain data common to the two system have been allowed to contain various punctuation marks.

I am/was trying to avoid substitutions or other heavy handed techniques in deference to the end users.

Thanks again,

 - Mark